The Jack Russell Terrier was formerly known for its work abilities as a burrowing dog, but few modern breeders nurture the hunting instincts encoded in these noisy youngsters’ genes. They became devoted and amusing companions over the course of the twentieth century, becoming genuine favorites among families who prefer to spend their leisure time actively.
- Country of origin: UK
- The time of the birth of the breed: the first half of the 19th century
- Weight: 5-7 kg
- Height (height at the withers): 25-30 cm
- Life Expectancy: 13-16 Years
Those basic moments
- The Russell Terrier is a breed that prefers an active lifestyle and frequent physical exercise.
- Dogs are extremely devoted to their owners and other family members, and they miss them desperately when they’re away.
- Contrary to the depiction in the film, Jack Russell Terrier puppies are not always nice and pleasant; they require a knowledgeable owner who is prepared to invest a lot of time training them.
- In an apartment, continuous loud and vocal barking may lead to confrontations with neighbors.
- The maintenance requirements of this breed are minimal, with only basic hygiene procedures and regular visits to the veterinarian required.
- How to choose a Jack Russell Terrier puppy?The appearance of the Jack Russell Terrier on the silver screen and in celebrity photo spreads had a negative influence on the […]
- What’s the purpose of Jack Russell Terrier?The Jack Russell Terrier is not the most suitable breed for a novice dog breeder. If you’re just starting out, there are […]
- What to feed Jack Russell Terrier?Many individuals prefer industrial food when feeding their Jack Russell Terrier. This is a great alternative since the diet is carefully balanced. […]
- What is the dog’s preferred harness or collar?Why use a collar: the dog on the harness is straining to pull away, but it doesn’t feel unpleasant. He isn’t concerned […]